Queensland GlobeQueensland Globe is a free plug-in developed by the Queensland Government. It allows you to view a wide range of spatial data through Google Earth, including:
- addresses, localities and boundaries
- road and rail networks
- land parcels and tenure
- areas affected by flood
- topographical maps.
Imagery used is the latest and best available for public viewing. It consists of a single layer of either satellite imagery or aerial photography, with higher resolutions over built-up areas.
Customised searchesThrough Queensland Globe, you can also search:
- lots and plans—returns results for a property based on property descriptions from rates notices
- Queensland Government data—searches several datasets, including Queensland place names
- addresses—finds results based on the address for a property.
To install and start using the Queensland Globe, follow these instructions for desktops and laptops:
- Download and install the latest, free Google Earth application. Existing Google Earth users should ensure they have the latest version (version 7.0.2 or newer)
- Download and save the QLDGlobe.kml file from the Queensland Globe dataset to your desktop.
- To open the Queensland Globe double click QLDGlobe.kml file on your desktop.
For more information or for instructions on how to install the Queensland Globe on mobile devices visit the Queensland Globe website.
Feedback and enquiries
If you have any questions, or would like to provide feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.